Tuesday 21 January 2014

Wraithlord number 1

So having established the scheme I wanted to use with the warlock previously, I have continued to apply it to the pair of Wraith Lords in my army.

The Paint job for this model took alot longer then I would like and the second Wraith Lord was alot faster after I tweaked it a bit.

I started with a base coat of Orkhide shade, the darked green, and then a coat of goblin green over that to get a nice solid green.

Then I layered in Scorpion green all the way up to sunburst yellow, before then using a little green wash in the joints to clean up the deep shadows.

This layering took forever and I would not be repeating that style except for maybe a special character. The result was really nice and I really like the look after but this was about 10 hours of painting yellow, over and over.

For the second Wraith Lord I skipped right to Iyanden Darksun for the Base coat, and then green washed the whole thing before doing the yellow layering. This gave a very similar end result for about 1/4 the time, though the green did not quite have the same feel to it.

I think for any other models with this scheme I will start with the Iyanden Base, a sunburst layer over that, a very watered down Scorpion Green over that to get the same original feel, then carefully green wash the recesses before cleaning up the yellow to finish.

I think it will take a little longer then the last try, but most of that will be drying time rather then painting time!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this dude. :D

    Out of interest, will there be more white on the living members of the army to blend in with the warlock you painted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well All cloth related parts are to be done in cold whites, so while I think any guardians will still be cloth-less, my Farseer is going to be very white!

      Then again I might not bother with guardians for this army and keep it to the dead only! Maybe if I do really really want to do some living Eldar I will do a different Craftworld, or maybe some exodites!

      Delete