Sunday 12 January 2014

Eldar Warlock - Craftworld Malantai


So here is a test paint job for the Craftworld Malantai Eldar.

I've tried to focus on a mix of greens and yellows for the bases and then using grey and pinks to pickout weapons. I'm not sure if the greens and yellows work to well here though, but I do feel that on the rest of the army (due to the lack of cloths to actually use the green) it will look alot better.

I may try to redo the cloak in something else, maybe a complimentary purple-blue to off set the yellow-green of the armour.

For the yellow armour, I based the whole model in Orkhide Shade (these are older GW paints) and then dry brushed him with snot green to get started.

Then is was a case of layering up some Goblin green, followed by scorpion green and then many many layers of sunburst yellow.

As some of you might know, Sunbust yellow is a terrible cover paint, but actually lent itself to gradual layering, since you normally need at least 3 layers of it to get a reasonable cover anyway!

1 comment:

  1. I like the green helmet on this one, and the pink sets the colour off nicely. I did similar colours in reverse for my pink Eldar- the bright tones work really well together.

    ReplyDelete